There are no extra drivers that can be added to the TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633C, there is however a procedure get this drive recognized by Windows 8 and Windows 10 after an upgrade. As per Toshiba’s website:
Uninstall the Toshiba programs:
- TOSHIBA Recovery Media Creator
- TOSHIBA Disc Creator
Then restart your PC using the Power-->Restart option in Windows 8. Your CD/DVD should be accessible now.
For help with uninstalling these programs follow the instructions below
To Uninstall a program or application:
- At the START screen type "Control Panel"
- Select "Programs" --> "Uninstall a program"
- Find the two programs listed above and uninstall these applications
- After the application programs are uninstalled restart your computer using the Power-->Restart option in Windows 8
- When the computer power back on the CD/DVD drive should be available
If the CD/DVD drive still does not appear follow the instructions below to uninstall a device driver
To uninstall a device driver:
- At the START screen type "Device Manager"
- Select Device Manager > DVD/CD-ROM drives > right click on the device displayed > select Uninstall.
- After the driver uninstalls, power down you computer using the restart method. The driver will install automatically when the computer restarts.
- The CD/DVD drive should now be shown.