Check out LG's website for updates don't do any firmware updates if you don't understand the high risk of permanently destroying the device. This is extremely risk and should be only don't by a qualified manufacture. This firmware update is only for LG branded devices. We take no responsibility for the information below. DO AT YOUR OWN RISK
- Drive type Internal 16X Blu-ray Disc Rewriter, M-DISC Support. Access time : BD-ROM is 180 ms typ
- Interface: SATA (SATA 1.1a), Buffer Memory: 4 MB
- Blu-Ray Disc, DVD and CD Family Read/Write Compatible, Write and Read Quad, Triple, Double Layer BD-R Discs
- Sustained Rate: BD-ROM: 575.44 Mb/s (16x) max, DVD-ROM: 22.16 Mb/s (16x) max, CD-ROM: 7,200 Kb/s (48x) max
WH16NS40 Version 1.05 Firmware Update
To update the firmware of the WH16NS40 please refer to the following instructions:
Note: Not following the subsequent update instructions explicitly will result in permanent damage to your drive, for which LG will not be responsible.
This firmware update is for drives with original firmware versions below 1.05 The drives must be original LG branded drives with the Blu-ray Writer model number WH16NS40(no OEM units).
If you have an OEM unit, branded with another manufacturers name, please contact that manufacturer for support and firmware updates.
This firmware update is for use only on PC's with Windows 10.
Critical Instructions: (to be followed carefully)
- Download the file WH16NS40_1.05.ZIP to a folder of your choice. This download includes this Read me.txt file, as well as the WH16NS40_1.05.EXE program, which will auto-update your drive's firmware.
- Close all other programs including: screen saver, antivirus and/or power-down programs. (If these programs are not closed, they will try to engage the PC, during the update process, thus interrupting the update and damaging the drive).
- Check the drive to ensure that there is no disk in the tray before you start the update procedure.
- Go into the folder with the update file and double click the WH16NS40_1.05.EXE program and click the !update! button (red). Once the update is complete, you will see ¡°Firmware Update Complete¡± and the button will become green and advise you to reboot the system. You will need to reboot your PC.
- The update will be complete, after you reboot your system.
- WARNING: Do not open any programs or start any system functions during the update, as they will interfere with data transfer and damage the drive. Do not cancel the operation once it has been started or the drive will become permanently damaged, as a result.