The SAA7134HL is a single chip solution to digitize and decode video and sound, and to capture both data streams through the PCI-bus.
PCI and DMA bus mastering
• PCI 2.2 compliant including full Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI)
• System vendor ID, etc. via EEPROM
• Hardware support for virtual addressing by MMU
• DMA bus master write for video, audio, VBI and TS
• Configurable PCI FIFOs, graceful overflow
• Packed and planar video formats, overlay clipping.
TV video decoder and video scaling
• All-standards TV decoder: NTSC, PAL and SECAM
• Five analog video inputs: CVBS and S-video
• Video digitizing by two 9-bit ADCs at 27 MHz
• Sampling according ITU-R BT.601 with 720 pixels/line
• Adaptive comb filter for NTSC and PAL, also operating for non-standard signals
• Automatic TV standard detection
• Three level Macrovision copy protection detection according to Macrovision Detect specification Revision 1
• Control of brightness, contrast, saturation and hue
• Versatile filter bandwidth selection
• Horizontal and vertical downscaling or zoom
• Adaptive anti-alias filtering
• Capture of raw VBI samples
• Two alternating settings for active video scaling
• Output in YUV and RGB
• Gamma compensation, black stretching.
TV sound decoder and audio I/O
• TV stereo decoding for NICAM and dual FM
• Audio sampling locked to video field rate, no drift of audio stream against video stream
• On-chip stereo audio ADCs and DACs (2 × 16-bit)
• Sampling rate, e.g. 32, 44.1 and 48 kHz
• Integrated analog audio pass-through for analog audio loop back cable to sound card.
• I2C-bus master interface: 3.3 and 5 V
• Digital video output: ITU and VIP formats
• TS input: serial or parallel
• General purpose I/O, e.g. for strapping and interrupt
• Propagate reset and ACPI state D3-hot.
• Package: LQFP128
• Power supply: 3.3 V only
• Power consumption of typical application: 1 W
• Power-down state (D3-hot): <20 mW
• All interface signals 5 V tolerant