Windows 8 is the latest operating system released by Microsoft, and it is packed with exciting new features. It is compatible with desktops, laptops, and Surface tablets, which have the Windows 8 OS on them by default. There are drastic changes in the graphical user interface and platform, with a new design language and a Start screen replacing the traditional Start menu, which was present in all previous versions. If you are downloading Windows 8 apps, it is advantageous to update these on a regular basis.
Instructions to update Windows 8 apps on your system
- The advantage of using Windows 8 is that all the app updates come as immediate notifications. On your Start screen, a numeral will appear on the Windows Store tile when there is a new update available.
- You can check these apps out, and download them from the Windows Store app. To have these updates manually updated on the system, open the Charms bar in your Windows 8 system, and click App updates.
- If you want to have the updates downloaded on to the system without ever bothering you, enable the settings to update automatically. Downloading Windows 8 automatically is actually the default setting.
- The Check for updates button is used to check for available updates. This will provide you with the number of updates on the Windows 8 apps available. To install these apps click on Install at the bottom bar. For a touch device just tap on this option.
- Once clicked or tapped the installation process will begin. For updates having considerable file size, it is preferable to have a good and fast internet connection.
- During the installation process, there will be a cross sign on the respective applications tile in the Start screen. When the update is finished, you will be informed immediately, and the cross sign will disappear.
- As regular updates are common, you may lose track of the version of the application that you are using. To know the version, first open the Charms Bar. Now click on the Settings option, and then select Permissions.
Downloading Windows 8 apps is easy, and you can take full advantage of the new interface operating system. The Windows 8.1 will hit the stores this October, and it will be a free upgrade for all Windows 8 users, directly from the Windows Store app.