Major enhancements from v1.1:
- Faster Connection and Discovery
- Adaptive , which improves resistance to radio frequency interference by avoiding the use of crowded frequencies in the hopping sequence.frequency-hopping spread spectrum (AFH)
- Higher transmission speeds in practice than in v1.1, up to 721 kbit/s.
- Extended Synchronous Connections (eSCO), which improve voice quality of audio links by allowing retransmissions of corrupted packets, and may optionally increase audio latency to provide better concurrent data transfer.
- Host Controller Interface (HCI) operation with three-wire UART.
- Ratified as IEEE Standard 802.15.1–2005
- Introduced Flow Control and Retransmission Modes for L2CAP.