The BCM57785 is a Broadcom ® NetLink® highly integrated multifunction controller that integrates a single-port triple-speed 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet LAN controller along with a 5-in-1 memory cardreader controller that supports the latest Flash™ memory cards for SD,MMC, MS, MS PRO, and xD-Picture types. The device combines a triple-speed IEEE 802.3™- compliant Media Access Controller (MAC) with a triple-speed Ethernet transceiver, x1 PCIe bus interface, memory card interface controller, and on-chip buffer memory in a single device.
The BCM57785 is fabricated using a 65 nm CMOS process, providing a low-power system solution.
INTEGRATED GIGABIT ETHERNET AND MEMORY CARD READER CONTROLLER
• Integrated 10/100/1000BASE-T transceiver
• 10/100/1000BASE-T triple-speed MAC
• Compliant with IEEE standards
• Compliant with IEEE 802.3az draft standard for Energy Efficient Ethernet™ (EEE)
• State-of-the-art physical layer interface that exceeds IEEE requirements
• Integrated 5-in-1 memory card reader
• SD Secure Digital ® compliant with specification SD2.0 (SD, miniSD™, microSD™, SDHC, and miniSDHC)
• MultiMedia Card compliant with specification v4.4 (MMC, MMCplus® , MMCmicro ® , HS MMC, and MMCmobile® )
• Memory Stick® compliant with specification v1.43 and PRO v1.03 (MS, MS PRO, MS PRO Duo, MS PRO-HG, MS PRO- HG Duo, and Micro)
• xD-Picture a compliant with specification v1.2C (Type-M and Type-H) a. xD-Picture is only available on select SKUs.
• PCI Express ® host interface
• x1 PCIe™ v1.1
• Active State Power Management (ASPM) capability
• Message Signal Interrupt (MSI