The Realtek RTL8192E-GR is a highly integrated MIMO (Multiple In, Multiple Out) Wireless LAN (WLAN) solution complying with the IEEE 802.11n Draft specification 2.0. It combines a MAC and 2T2R capable baseband in a single chip. When coupled with Realtek’s RF IC’s (RTL8256 at 2.4GHz), the RTL8192E-GR provides a complete solution for a high-performance wireless client.
● CMOS MAC and Baseband MIMO PHY Single Chip for IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible WLAN
● Complete 802.11n MIMO solution coupled with RTL8256 for 2.4G solution.
● 2x2 MIMO technology for extended reception robustness and exceptional throughput
● Maximum PHY data rate up to 150Mbps using 20MHz bandwidth, 300Mbps using 40MHz bandwidth
● Compatible with 802.11n draft 2.0 specification.
● Backward compatible with 802.11a/b/g devices while operating at 802.11n data rates
● 200Mbps UDP throughput in 40MHz mode.
● 14 x 14mm 128-pin TQFP package
● Complies with PCI Express™ Base Specification Revision 1.1 Standards Supported
● IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible WLAN
● IEEE 802.11e QoS Enhancement (WMM, WMM-SA Client mode)
● IEEE 802.11h TPC, DFS, Spectrum Measurement
● IEEE 802.11k Radio Resource Measurement
● IEEE 802.11i (WPA, WPA2). Open, shared key, and pair-wise key authentication services
● Cisco Compatible Extensions (CCX4)
● Frame aggregation for increased MAC efficiency (A-MSDU, A-MPDU)
● Low latency immediate High-Throughput Block Acknowledgement (HT-BA)
● Long NAV for media reservation with CF-End for NAV release
● PHY-level spoofing to enhance legacy compatibility
● MIMO power saving mechanism
● Channel management and co-existence
● Multiple BSSID feature allows the RTL8192E-GR to assume multiple MAC identities when used as a wireless bridge
● Supports Wake-On-WLAN via Magic Packet and Wake-up frame
● Transmit Opportunity (TXOP) Short Inter-Frame Space (SIFS) bursting for higher multimedia bandwidth
● General Purpose Input/Output (8 pins)
● 4-wire EEPROM control interface (93C46 and 93C56)
● 4-wire RF control interface (RTL8256 and RTL8258)
● Two configurable LED pins
● IEEE 802.11n draft 2.0 MIMO OFDM
● Two Transmit and Two Receive paths (2T2R)
● 20MHz and 40MHz bandwidth transmission
● Short Guard Interval (400ns)
● One spatial stream STBC transmission for extended coverage
● Sounding packet
● DSSS with DBPSK and DQPSK, CCK modulation with long and short preamble
● OFDM with BPSK, QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM, and 256QAM modulation.
Convolutional Coding Rate: 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, and 5/6
● Maximum data rate 54Mbps in 802.11g, and 300Mbps in 802.11n
● OFDM receive diversity with MRC using up to 4 receive paths.
Switch diversity used for DSSS/CCK.
● Hardware antenna diversity
● Selectable digital transmit and receive FIR filters
● Programmable scaling in transmitter and receiver to trade
quantization noise against increased probability of clipping
● Fast receiver Automatic Gain Control (AGC)
● On-chip ADC and DAC
● Flexible dual-band MIMO (1x2/2x2/2x3) solution
● Single-band MIMO (1x2) solution