This page serves as a warning about other driver sites that offer so called tools to download touchscreen drivers for Windows 10 or 8. Firstly none of them have the drivers as they built into Windows. If your touch screen isn’t working there are few scenarios
- The touch screen has been mis-configured, or calibrated (Try system restore to a time when it worked) or go to the device manger to see if there are any HID devices that have an explanation mark or a question mark, uninstall them then re-scan for hardware changes this may fix the issue.
- The touch screen is broken, this happens more than people think.
Don’t ever install any driver diagnostic tools from the big websites that offer these tools, they are ransomware.
Other things to try:
- Restart the computer, given the stability of computers these days, people don't reboot much.
- Clean the display with a soft, clean cloth. Sometimes a dirty screen will disable the touchscreen.
- Click the start button and in the search box type "Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input". Choose the top result. In this area click the setup button and follow the instructions.
- Go to "Control Panel" and then "Device Manager". Select the "Monitors" section and right click on your monitor. Check the information for the touch screen and make sure it is "enabled".
- Repeat step 4, but instead choose "Update driver software" from the right-click menu.
Also worth trying is updating the system BIOS of computer.