Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology Corporation (abbreviated TSST) is an international joint venture company of Toshiba (Japan) and Samsung Group (Korea). Toshiba owns 51% of its stock, while Samsung owns the remaining 49%. The company specialises in optical disc drive manufacturing. The company was established in 2004.
The company's headquarters is located in Kawasaki, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan with Chikahisa Kawakami as its President and CEO. Its subsidiary, TSST Korea is located in Suwon, South Korea, and headed by In-Sup Hwang.
Each corporation in Japan and Korea has the individual directorate system. For the business issues, TSST has been discussing it through the common relevant organization for mutual consent. TSST is currenlty responsible for the product development, marketing and sales, and have been taking advantage of the existing network of Samsung Electronics and Toshiba for manufacturing, sales, and after-sales service.